AIB at the Post Office
If you can't make it to an AIB branch, there's always your local post office, where you can carry out many of your daily AIB banking transactions, even on a Saturday morning.
With AIB at the Post Office you can:
Withdraw up to €600 per day using your AIB Debit Card
Pay your AIB Credit Card bill with cash or Debit Card using the credit transfer attached to the bill
Lodge cash using your AIB Debit Card or your AIB personalised lodgement book, which can be pre-ordered through your AIB branch*
- Lodge up to €200 in coin per week, once correctly sorted and bagged
- AIB fees and charges apply - for further information please click here.
Business customers, please note:
- You can lodge cash to your AIB account; however, large volumes and values require prior arrangement to be made through your AIB branch. An Post will accept smaller cash lodgements up to approximately €5,000 per week*.
* For security purposes, a maximum limit may apply to the amount of cash that may be lodged in a single transaction, this cash limit may be subject to variation from time to time and also between An Post outlets. If the amount of cash in your lodgement exceeds this maximum limit, you will be advised by the Postmaster. You may choose to make multiple cash lodgements. AIB fees and charges apply and will apply to each transaction as separate lodgements.
In addition AIB customers can now also lodge cheques to their AIB account at designated Post Offices:
- At designated Post Offices around the country, in addition to the above facilities, you can now also lodge cheques using an AIB Debit Card if one is applicable on your account or a personalised lodgement slip issued by AIB, which can be pre-ordered through your AIB branch
- Cash and Cheques must be lodged separately. AIB fees & charges apply and each lodgement will be subject to AIB fees and charges
- Cheques should be payable to, or duly endorsed to the AIB account holder who must be the legal beneficiary of the proceeds of the cheque
- A lodgement can contain up to a maximum of 50 cheques and the maximum value of any cheque cannot exceed €50,000
- Cheques must be lodged in their entirety to a single account
- An Post will issue a Memorandum of Lodgement which the customer is required to sign
- AIB 'Terms and Conditions for Current Accounts and Demand Deposit Accounts' apply
- Cheque lodgements made no later than 15 minutes before the latest time of posting ('LTOP') at an An Post outlet (see LTOP display notice at the Post Office) will be received and processed by AIB on the next AIB business day
- Cheque lodgements made later than 15 minutes before LTOP, or after LTOP at an An Post outlet or on a non-AIB business day (e.g. a Saturday) will be received and processed by AIB two AIB business days after the date of lodgement at An Post
Click here to see the list of designated Post Offices where you can now also lodge cheques to your AIB account.
The details of your bank account will remain confidential between you and AIB. Any transactional queries should be addressed to your local AIB branch.